Holidays Happenings around Claremont through December 19
by Andrew Alonzo | email@example.com
Friday, November 26
- Beginning Friday, November 26 at St. Ambrose Church, Ophelia’s Jump productions will present its interactive adaptation of the Christmas classic, It’s a Wonderful Life. Tickets are $2 and performances will run Fridays through Sundays between November 26 and December 19 beginning at 6:30 p.m. More info can be found at www.opheliasjump.org.
- Opening up for the season on Friday is Frosty’s Forest in Chino, a tree farm that sources Christmas trees from their main farm in Oregon. The tree farm will be open on weekends between 10 a.m. and 9 p.m., and Monday through Friday between 12 and 9 p.m. Frosty’s Forest is located at 14861 Ramona Ave. in Chino. For pricing and other info, visit frostysforest.com.
Saturday, November 27
- At 10 a.m. on Saturday, November 27, Chamberlain’s Choose and Cut Christmas Tree Farm in Claremont will open to the public for the holiday season. The local farm will be open Saturdays and Sundays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Claremont farm is located at 3436 Padua Avenue. For more information, contact (909) 626-0243 or visit their website.
Sunday, November 28
- Happy Hanukkah from the Claremont COURIER!
- This year, experience the interactive attraction that is The Elf on the Shelf’s Magical Holiday Journey at the Pomona Fairplex. The holiday attraction is fun for the whole family and is currently ongoing until Sunday, January 2. Tickets are available for purchase at https://elfontheshelfjourney.com/los-angeles and are based on the time slots for each date.
Monday, November 29
- Spread some holiday cheer early this year with some Claremont Chamber of Commerce gift cards, available for purchase at 205 Yale Avenue, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Chamber gift cards are available to use at over 140 participating Claremont Chamber businesses. For more information, contact (909) 624-1681.
Tuesday, November 30
- Tuesday, November 30 is Giving Tuesday and Crossroads Inc. in Claremont is attempting to raise $10,000 for six women in need, with the money being used to pay for the women’s rooms and rent for 75 days. Residents can donate online at www.crossroadswomen.org. Other charities are asking for the community’s help to make their Giving Tuesday efforts a success, including the Inland Valley Hope Partners.
Wednesday, December 1
- Want to support furry friends this holiday season by eating chocolate? Well, you can. Help Priceless Pet Rescue this year through their online See’s Candy fundraiser for which (depending on your purchase) about 15 – 50 percent of proceeds go to support the no-kill shelter. Go online to access the link on the calendar.
Thursday, December 2
- On Thursday, December 2, children — including kids at heart — are invited to attend Musical Bob’s interactive music session at the Montclair Place. The performance begins at 4 p.m. and will take place in the area between Kids Empire and Barnes & Noble. Montclair Place is located at 5060 North Montclair Plaza Lane.
Friday, December 3
- Celebrate the official start of the holiday season in Claremont with the city’s tree lighting ceremony on Friday, December 3 at 6 p.m. at the Claremont Depot. Prior to and after the tree lighting, Claremont’s annual Holiday Promenade event will take place between 5 and 8 p.m. throughout the Village. During the evening, participating Claremont businesses will offer free treats and special deals. For more information, contact Claremont’s Human Services Department at (909) 399-5490.
Saturday, December 4
- Celebrate and spread Christmas cheer early this year in La Verne. Head over to the city on Saturday, December 4 for the city’s annual Holiday Stroll through Old Town La Verne, beginning at 4 p.m. The event will include a small tree lighting, storytellers and music. Select Old Town businesses will offer deals and treats.
Sunday, December 5
- On Sunday, December 5, the Claremont Concert Choir will return to the Garrison Theater for the first time after a 20-month concert hiatus. The choir is a joint effort from the music programs of Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Pitzer and Scripps College. The indoor concert will begin at 1:30 p.m. and guests may be required to provide proof of vaccination or negative test up to 72 hours prior. The Garrison Theater is located at 231 E 10th Street in Claremont.
Monday, December 6 – Hanukkah ends
- If you missed Claremont’s tree lighting — or one was not enough — the city of La Verne will be holding its tree lighting on Monday, December 6. The tree is located in front of La Verne City Hall, 3660 D Street, and the lighting is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. The evening will feature a visit from Santa Claus and carolers.
Tuesday, December 7
- At the Thatcher Music Building, 340 North College Avenue, on Tuesday, December 7, Pomona College students will perform various songs and selections at their winter student recital. The program will start at 7 p.m. and doors will open 30 minutes prior.
Wednesday, December 8
- Anxious about the new normal, especially with the holidays in full swing? Sign up for Inter Valley Health Plan’s upcoming virtual class, Safe Holiday Get Togethers, on Wednesday, December 8. The session begins at 9 a.m. and will share various ways we can stay safe while also enjoying regular holiday festivities. Register or view more information at www.ivhp.com/vitality.
Thursday, December 9
- Potential and current caregivers are invited to attend Inter Valley Health Plan’s free online class covering a basic caregiver’s guide to nutrition for the elderly. The class is offered online and is scheduled for Thursday, December 9 at 10 a.m. Register or view more information at www.ivhp.com/vitality.
Friday, December 10
- All are invited to PFlag Claremont’s upcoming winter social, Snow Place Like Home, a free queer-friendly winter social happening on Friday, December 10 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Pomona. The social is scheduled to run between 6 and 9 p.m. and will feature games, prizes, food and music. For more information, visit www.pflagclaremont.com.
Saturday, December 11
- Join the Claremont Chorale on Saturday, December 11 at the Claremont United Church of Christ’s Kingman Chapel for a holiday concert beginning at 4 p.m. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased via Chorale members or online at www.claremontchorale.org. The Claremont United Church of Christ is located at 233 Harrison Avenue.
- Saturday, December 11 is the final day to donate to the Kiwanis Club of Claremont’s Adopt-A-Family drive. For details on how to donate items, visit www.claremontkiwanis.org, then click on ‘Adopt A Family’ in the upper right corner. Any cash or check donations should be addressed to Claremont Kiwanis Foundation or given to treasurer Raul Rodriguez indicating such.
Sunday, December 12
- At 3 p.m. on Sunday, December 12, all are invited to experience the second annual Celtic Christmas with bagpipers from the Kevin R. Blandford Memorial Pipe Band. The band will fill up and play holiday classics via bagpipes and drums inside the Claremont United Church of Christ. Ticket information can be found online at www.blandfordbands.org.
Monday, December 13
- One lucky shopper will have a Merry Monday thanks to the Montclair Place on December 13 as the mall will be giving away a $200 Sephora gift card. All patrons are eligible for entry, all you have to do is follow the Montclair Place on Instagram and watch their story for event details. The following Monday, December 20, the mall will be giving away an Anthony & Co Jewelers diamond infinity bracelet.
- Monday, December 13 is the last day patrons can schedule to have their furry friends get their picture taken with Santa Claus at the Montclair Place. Pet photos with Santa are scheduled between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. and walk-ups are welcome at the mall.
Tuesday, December 14
- On Tuesday, December 14, the Claremont Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Holiday Showcase in conjunction with their monthly Chamber Business Over Breakfast at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Claremont. The event is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and the chamber will serve guests a holiday themed breakfast. For vendor information, contact Ta’Mara Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, December 15
- For seniors who believe their blood sugar or weight is getting hard to manage this holiday season, they are encouraged to sign up for Inter Valley Health Plan’s online class, Diabetes, Weight and the Holidays. The hourlong session on Wednesday, December 15 will begin at 9 a.m. and will help seniors learn tricks to keeping both factors down during this time of year. Register at www.ivhp.com/vitality.
Thursday, December 16
- Kids of all ages are invited to hear a Christmas tale from Mrs. Claus at the Montclair Place beginning at 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 16. Story time will take place in the area between Kids Empire and Barnes & Noble.
Friday, December. 17
- Age-appropriate patrons (21+) can stop by VomFass Claremont on Friday, December 17 as the business will host a holiday cocktail demo and tasting beginning at 7 p.m. VomFass Claremont is located at 101 N. Indian Hill Blvd., Suite C2-100. For more information or to register, visit their Eventbrite page.
Saturday, December 18
- Saturday, December 18 is National Wreaths Across America Day and at 9 a.m., the Covina Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution will host a special ceremony at the La Verne Cemetery, located at 3201 B Street. The ceremony will honor the country’s fallen veterans and is open to all to attend.
Sunday, December 19
- Enjoy the Inland Pacific Ballet and their production of The Nutcracker on Sunday, December 19 as the group’s final performance is scheduled for 2 p.m. All performances will be held at the Fox Performing Arts Theater in Riverside. For tickets or further information, visit www.ipballet.org.