L.A. City Council considers business vaccine mandate
On Wednesday, September 29 the Los Angeles City Council will be considering a vaccine mandate at business entry points, greatly expanding LA County’s Health Officer Orders released a few weeks ago. As a member of the Los Angeles County Business Federation and to keep our members informed, we want to share this information with you and invite you to share your comments whether you agree or disagree.
Specifically, the City of LA is looking to require proof of vaccination among patrons at the following businesses:
- Establishments where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to, restaurants, bars, fast food establishments, coffee shops, tasting rooms, cafeterias, food courts, breweries, wineries, distilleries, banquet halls, and hotel ballrooms;
- Gyms and fitness venues, including, but not limited to: gyms, recreation facilities, fitness centers, yoga, pilates, cycling, barre, and dance studios, hotel gyms, boxing and kickboxing gyms, fitness boot camps, and other facilities used for conducting indoor group fitness classes;
- Entertainment and recreation venues, including, but not limited to, movie theaters, music and concert venues, live performance venues, adult entertainment venues, commercial event and party venues, sports arenas, convention centers, exhibition halls, museums, malls, shopping centers, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, card rooms, family entertainment centers, play areas, pool and billiard halls, and other recreational game centers;
- Personal care establishments, including spas, nail salons, hair salons, barbershops, tanning salons, estheticians, skin care and cosmetology services, body art professionals, piercing shops, and massage therapy, except as medically required.
If you would like to provide comment at the LA City Council meeting:
- The meeting starts at 10am. Item #34.
- Call 1 669 254 5252 and use Meeting ID No. 160 535 8466 and then press #. Press # again when prompted for participant ID. Once admitted into the meeting, press *9 to request to speak.
° State you would like to speak to item 34 on the agenda. Typically, there is 3mins for public comment.
- Public Comment will take place at the beginning of the meeting.
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE BROADCAST LIVE ON THE INTERNET AT: HTTPS://CLERK.LACITY.ORG/CALENDAR.