Man dies in Village of apparent overdose

Claremont police responded at 7:18 p.m. Saturday to the rear patio of a vacant storefront at 221 Yale Ave. regarding an unconscious man. The person who called police said a man at the location appeared to be in full cardiac arrest and had possibly overdosed.

Arriving officers began life saving measures and administered three doses of the opioid overdose revival drug Narcan. In spite of their efforts the 34-year-old man remained unresponsive with no pulse.

A short time later the Los Angeles County Fire Department arrived and continued life saving measures for 20 minutes, after which time the man was pronounced dead.

The coroner responded and removed the dead man from the scene. Police are withholding the man’s name pending notification of next of kin.


Submit a Comment

Share This