December Art Walk information
The monthly Claremont Art Walk returns Saturday, December 3 from 6 to 9 p.m. and will feature several artists throughout the Village and at Memorial Park. Here’s the lineup:
- The Button Box Museum, located in the Bunny Gunner westside walkway, 230 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, presents “The Pearlies.”
- Bunny Gunner, 230 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, will showcase Max Prothro’s series “The Tree Show.”
Inspired by the writings and life of Herman Hess, Prothro began this series about two years ago.
- Claremont Chamber of Commerce, 205 Yale Ave., Claremont, will feature works by Los Angeles-based artist Atilio Pernisco.
- The Claremont Lewis Museum of Art, 200 W. First St., in the Claremont Depot, continues its exhibit, “Transformations in Glass: Vitreous Funk, Fantasy, and Light,” through February 5, 2023. Works are from Claremont-influenced glass artists Kéké Cribbs, Richard Marquis, and David Svenson.
- Crescent Tree Corp, 206 W. Bonita Ave., suite G, Claremont, will display “Picture Us,” a group exhibition by current Claremont Graduate University students. It features Fel Nikoli McCoy, Alexis St. John, Huaijin “Moki” Li, K’Von Blakemore-Johnson, Jonathan Godinez Davila, Jeneane van Grotewiel, and Elysabeth Belle.“Each of the works on view investigates the theme of self-representation by engaging, transforming, and challenging the conventions of self-portraiture,” read a press release. “Individually and in dialogue with each other, the artists channel their own unique perspectives and artistic processes into the exploration of their identities.”
- The Ginger Elliott Gallery at Claremont Heritage, 840 N. Indian Hill Blvd., will have holiday cards and artwork by notable Claremont artists during the exhibit, “A Gift of Traditions.”
- Studio C, 260 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, will host a show of small 6” by 6” paintings from local artists including Sue Conner, Karen Karlsson, Denise Kraemer, A.S. Ashley, and more through Saturday, December 31.
- Square I, 110 Harvard Ave., Claremont, will feature art from Susan Hertel, Millard Sheets, Milford Zornes, Phil Dike and John Svenson.
- Pomona Valley Art Association, 317 W. First St., Claremont, hosts the exhibit, “Winter Boutique,” which showcases artists Ron Lane, Dolores Montijo and Elizabeth Moyer.
For more information visit claremontvillage.com/claremont-art-walk.