January Claremont Art Walk information
The first Claremont Art Walk of 2023 takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, January 7. Here are the featured artists:
- Ahmad Shariff Art Gallery, 107 Harvard Ave., Claremont, will showcase “Ringing in the New Year,” which features paintings and visual arts by Victor Anthony, Elisa Arancibia, Gorman Bentley, Sandy Garcia, Quincey Grace, John Woodcock, and Ernest J.T. Martin.
- Bunny Gunner, 230 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, will feature John Sollom’s series “Iconic Portraits of the Fantastic, Foolish and Famous.”
- The Button Box Museum, located in the Bunny Gunner westside walkway, 230 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, will feature an untitled piece by Krys Munzing.
- Claremont Chamber of Commerce, 205 Yale Ave., Claremont, will show works by Los Angeles-based artist Atilio Pernisco.
- The Claremont Lewis Museum of Art, 200 W. First St., in the Claremont Depot, continues its exhibit, “Transformations in Glass: Vitreous Funk, Fantasy, and Light,” through February 5. Works are from Claremont-influenced glass artists Kéké Cribbs, Richard Marquis, and David Svenson.
- Crescent Tree Corp, 206 W. Bonita Ave., suite G, Claremont, will display “Flow State,” works by Los Angeles-based abstract painter Sarah J. Schwartz.
“Her practice is concerned with duality and dialogue, engaging and pushing the boundaries of various materials and techniques and investigating their capacities for expression,” read a news release.
- Studio C, 260 W. Bonita Ave., Claremont, will showcase Elizabeth Carr’s exhibit, “Resolve.”
- Square I, 110 Harvard Ave., Claremont, will feature “Milford Zornes and Friends.”
The exhibit will celebrate Zornes’ birthday while also showing some of the work of artists that he knew and worked with, including Henry Fukuhara, Don O’Neill, Don Andrews, Christopher Schink, Sylvia Megerdichian, Gerald Brommer, James Fuller, and Patric Dooley.
- Pomona Valley Art Association, 317 W. First St., Claremont, hosts the exhibit, “A New Year,” which will feature Andre Ford, Kathy Gysin, and Noe Reyes.
For more information visit claremontvillage.com/claremont-art-walk.