Shade structure tips from the city

The City of Claremont reminds residents that portable, collapsible, and/or permanent shade structures can only be placed in a rear or interior side yard area of a residence. The area where the structure is placed must be completely enclosed by a wall or non-transparent fence, or a continuous row of shrubbery no less than five feet high.

All structures should be maintained in good condition and should be removed or replaced when deteriorated from the sun or wind. For more information, contact the community improvement division at (909) 399-5499.

For city updates, visit


Submit a Comment

Share This