Fire damages Claremont home
Firefighters quickly knocked down a fire at a south Claremont home Thursday evening.
Around 6:27 p.m. fire officials responded to a home on the 400 block of Notre Dame Road after smoke was seen coming out of attic vents on the back corner of the house, the LA County Fire Department said.
By 6:36 p.m. the fire was knocked down. There were no injuries.
A charred dryer could be seen in the front driveway of the home on Friday. The garage door was boarded up with a piece of plywood as well. The owner of the home declined to speak to a reporter.