IVHP offers free virtual classes, activities for seniors
Inter Valley Health Plan offering a host of upcoming free virtual health education and wellness classes designed for adults 50 and older.
• Tuesday, October 20, 10 a.m., nostalgic trivia: vintage childhood games, toys and what-not. “Let’s go back to our childhood and remember the things we used to play with, read an IVHP press release. “How many are still around? You will be surprised! Invite friends and let’s have fun!”
• Wednesday, October 21, 11 a.m., community first aid. “Learn what you need to know
about basic first aid and Hands-Only CPR. Be prepared as you never know when you might
need this information.”
• Thursday, October 22, 11 a.m., sleep well, be well. “Common Sleep disorders such as
restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, insomnia and night leg cramps are discussed. Learn
about the causes and treatments to help you get a good night’s sleep.”
• Tuesday, October 27, 1 p.m., is it normal aging or dementia? “Learn to recognize the
difference between normal aging and the symptoms of dementia and when to be concerned.”
• Wednesday, October 28, 12:30 p.m., game time: name that slogan #2. “Join us, invite
friends and neighbors and let’s have a little fun. Match the slogans with products or vice versa.
• Thursday, October 29, 11 a.m., master gardener series: mulching for beginners. “Learn
the basics of mulching to create great planting soil for your garden. Bring your gardening
questions to learn from a master gardener.”
RSVPs and log-in codes are required for all virtual classes and activities. To RSVP go to www.ivhp.com/vitality, or call (800) 886-4471 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.