Community support is vital for their mission
Crossroads, Inc., a Claremont nonprofit that assists recently incarcerated women in integrating back into society, is looking for volunteers.
“Community support is vital to the mission of Crossroads,” read a press release. “We have several ways for you, or your group, to get involved. Volunteering with Crossroads is fun and makes a huge difference in our ability to help women during this important time in their lives.”
Among Crossroads’ volunteer opportunities are:
• Saturday morning “work parties,” with yard work and house repair projects.
• Assisting with the nonprofit’s upcoming virtual 5K fundraiser.
• Assisting with the upcoming shoe drive.
• Help with Crossroads events such as its speakers series, gala and welcome home breakfast.
• Holiday gift wrapping party and preparations.
• Assistance with helping to ready Crossroads’ quarterly newsletter for mailing.
• Someone experienced in home repairs and maintenance to assist with projects at its new San Francisco House in Pomona.
Crossroads is also looking for committed volunteers for its property and development (philanthropy) committees. The property committee needs individuals with expertise in real estate, contractors, property managers, home repair professionals and others who are interested in helping manage and maintain various Crossroads, Inc. properties.
The nonprofit’s development committee is also in need of people with fundraising expertise to assist with current projects and help develop new strategies and public relations. Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, there are currently no direct contact volunteer positions available.