Police blotter 5.10.13

Friday, May 3

It took 3 tasings to get a Sycamore Avenue resident, with countless pills of Valium in his system, to cooperate with police on Friday afternoon, according to Detective Robert Ewing. Police say the man became argumentative and combative, forcing use of the taser. He was taken to a hospital for treatment and a mental evaluation.


Saturday, May 4

Ryan Crabb, 32, of Los Gatos, likely didn’t expect police to respond to his pleas for help, called out from a set of bushes in the front yard of a residence in the 1200 block of Yale Avenue. To make matters more awkward for Mr. Crabb and police, he was found wearing nothing but a pair of underwear. Mr. Crabb claims his friends had stolen his pants as a joke and that he was unable to find the troublemakers, even though they were a mere feet away from him as he told the story, according to Det. Ewing. Mr. Crabb had apparently had too much fun while visiting a friend at Harvey Mudd. He was arrested for public intoxication and held until sober.


A rooftop party was all planned atop a business in the Claremont Village on Saturday, unbeknownst to the shop’s owner. Four unopened bottles of liquor, including a bottle of Sailor Jerry rum, were found on the roof of Sonja Stump Photography, but whoever brought the booze didn’t stick around for the festivities. Details surrounding the bottles’ appearance are unknown. A report was taken.


A Packing House employee and guest were targeted in separate Packing House basement car thefts last weekend. Both cars were broken into between 5 and 8 p.m. with one targeted on Saturday, May 4 and the next the following day. The employee told police she was unsure if her car was unlocked, though she alleged that her car doors lock automatically after a matter of minutes. The visitor’s truck was entered through a rear window with a broken lock. There are no suspects at this time.


Sunday, May 5

Ashley Hernandez-Real, 22, of Fontana, came out of the scene of a severe solo crash unscathed Sunday night. That is at least physically. Police found Ms. Hernandez-Real inside her car, which had crashed against a light pole on the west side of Indian Hill at Arrow Highway. The impact of the crash had caused the light pole to split and fall on the roof of her car, mere inches from her head, according to Det. Ewing. Apparently unfazed, Ms. Hernandez-Real allegedly complained that police should have been searching for a man who had supposedly cut her off, causing the collission, instead of dealing with her crash. Whether or not her allegation was true, police found Ms. Hernandez-Real to be driving with over the legal limit of alcohol in her system. She was arrested for drunk driving.


Monday, May 6

Ronald King, 49, of Rialto, decided to make a game of lunch hour traffic in the 300 block of Indian Hill. Mr. King was seen screaming and yelling as he stepped in and out of the roadway. His afternoon amusement was egged on with a drink from the bottle, according to police. Mr. King was found under the influence of alcohol and arrested for being drunk in public. He was also arrested for an outstanding warrant for failing to appear in court for a previous violation.


Tuesday, May 7

Two homeowners experienced close calls on Tuesday. Police were contacted around 10:45 a.m. regarding a burglary alarm that had gone off in a home in the 3800 block of Williams Avenue. Police arrived and found a shattered glass panel on the residence’s front door. However, entry to the home had not been made. Police dusted for fingerprints but none were recovered. No one had been at home during the incident and there were no witnesses. While no one was home on Williams Avenue, an 18-year-old was present in the 500 block of South Indian Hill Avenue when a crook attempted to break into his home. The teenager waited until the man left before contacting his mother, who then called police. Officers found a series of pry marks on the door, suggesting the man was attempting to break into the home. The suspect is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing 170 pounds. He was wearing a dark gray hooded sweatshirt at the time of the incident.


Fifty-six-year-old Stanley Shell was forthcoming with police on Tuesday night. Employees of Chevron/McDonalds, 860 S. Indian Hill Boulevard, called police around 9:30 p.m. because Mr. Shell had allegedly been causing some problems. The Rialto resident refused to leave the establishment’s bathroom and then challenged an employee to a fight. When officers arrived, they noticed Mr. Shell stumbling and at one point falling on the floor. When he admitted to being under the influence of alcohol, police asked how much he had to drink. “A lot,” Mr. Shell replied. Police questioned further as to what type of alcoholic beverages he had consumed. Mr. Shell’s response? “All of it.” He was arrested for public intoxication.

—Beth Hartnett


Share This