Claremont schools ready for new year starting August 31
Although high temperatures and dry conditions are forecast for the foreseeable future, summer is nearly over for Claremont students, teachers and faculty, with all local schools set to reopen Wednesday, August 31.
All registration forms and requirement information is available at the Claremont Unified School District’s website – cusd.claremont.edu. Click through the “Enrollment/Registration” tab for everything you may need.
Other important dates on the 2016-2017 CUSD calendar are as follows:
• September 5: Labor Day holiday
• November 11: Veteran’s Day holiday.
• November 21-27: Thanksgiving break.
• December 23-January 8: Winter break.
• January 16: MLK Day holiday.
• February 14: Lincoln’s Day holiday.
• February 20: President’s Day holiday.
• April 1-9: Spring break.
• May 29: Memorial Day holiday.
• June 15: Last day of school.
CUSD has more than 6,860 students in its K-12 programs in seven elementary schools, Danbury Special Education School, El Roble Intermediate School, Claremont High School and San Antonio High School and Community Day School. It also runs an Adult School program.
School board meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays of each month at the Richard S. Kirkendall Education Center Board Room at 170 W. San Jose Ave., Claremont. Agendas are posted on the district’s website, or can be obtained by calling (909) 398-0609, extension 70102.